The history of Cavallotto and Bricco Boschis hill begins with another hill, Monte della Guardia owned by Juliette Colbert, the last Marquise of Barolo. She left the hill to Giuseppe Boschis, who had worked the vineyards. Subsequently the hill was renamed Bricco Boschis.
In 1928, Giacomo Cavallotto (the great-grandfather of the present owners) acquired the entire property, creating the Tenuta Cavallotto. In 1946, Olivio and Gildo, under the watchful eye of their father Giuseppe and their uncle Marcello, vinified their entire grape production exclusively with the grapes harvested from Bricco Boschis hill.
1948 was a turning point. The cellar was enlarged and the first bottles of Cavallotto Barolo were sold. With the 1967 vintage Bricco Boschis was added to the name. Since 1970 Bricco Boschis has been associated with individual vineyards: Vigna San Giuseppe, Vigna Colle Sud-Ovest, Vigna Punta Marcello and the Barbera d'Alba Vigna Cuculo.
In 1989 the family bought another piece of Piedmontese wine history - 60% of the Vignolo cru. Its grapes create the Barolo Riserva Vignolo. In 1995, by combining the grapes produced from the Colle Sud-Ovest and Punta Marcello vineyards, Barolo Non Riserva was born, the Cru Bricco Boschis, a direct descendant of the one produced from '48 to '67.
Today, Alfio, Giuseppe and Laura run the Cavallotto estate, respecting the tradition of this hill and of their family.