FEATURED WINE: 94pts, Rated 4.8★ - Kim Crawford's 'Loveblock' VIEW OFFER >>

*FREE SHIPPING on orders of $179 or 12 bottles+Some remote areas may incur additional shipping fees at checkout.

92POINTS

Label shown for illustration purposes.
Actual label may vary.

Quinta dos Roques Dao 'Encruzado' by Quinta dos Rogues 2017

Quinta dos Roques Dao 'Encruzado'

by Quinta dos Rogues 2017

Producer : Quinta dos Roques

Region : Dão (Portugal), Portugal (Portugal)

Bottle Per Case : 12 x 750ml

Food Pairing : Cured Meat, Hard Cheese

Tasting Notes

"Luis Lourenço runs this family winery, a leader in the Dão region, which is credited with reviving the reputation of the indigenous Encruzado grape. Part barrel-fermented and aged for seven months on its lees with some batonnage, this is a textured, full-bodied, nutty white with creamy richness along with notes of grapefruit pith, meadow flowers and orchard fruit, plus some sweet oak spicing. It has good ageing potential thanks to its fine structure and fresh acidity.."

92 points - Tina Gelli MW, Decanter, February 2019

Specs

Bottles Per Case 12 Pack
Point Score 92
Bottle Size 750ml
Producer Quinta dos Roques
Region Dão (Portugal), Portugal (Portugal)
Alcohol 13%
Style Smooth and silky whites
Vintage 2017
Farming Method Sustainable
Grapes Encruzado
Food Pairing Cured Meat, Hard Cheese
Descriptors Floral, Fruity, Mineral
Wine Type White
Wood Presence Oaked
Body Medium
Price of Case $383.40

The Producer

Quinta dos Roques

Nestled in the quaint hamlet of Abrunhosa do Mato, between Mangualde and Nelas, Quinta dos Roques stands as a testament to the evolving essence of the new Dão wine culture. For over a century, the family has intertwined their daily lives with vines and wines, albeit initially for household use. However, a transformative chapter unfolded in the 1980s, marking a departure from the traditional hand-cultivation of vines and local cooperative grape deliveries.

This pivotal moment birthed a visionary project dedicated to crafting top-tier Dão wines. The focal point became the vines, strategically planted with the finest regional varieties on the granitic and occasionally schistous soils of the mild southern slopes. Once a consistent wine production rhythm was established, a modern adega emerged, seamlessly blending science and technology with traditional artistry.

Today, Quinta dos Roques boasts approximately 35 hectares of contemporary vines renowned for their grape quality. The majority, nearly 75%, is dedicated to red varieties like Touriga Nacional, Jaen, Alfrocheiro, Tinto Cão, and Tinta Roriz, while the remaining 25% comprises white varieties dominated by Encruzado. The annual production has steadily grown to 150,000 liters, with one-fourth being white wine and the remaining three-fourths red. Noteworthy are the varietal red wines introduced in 1996, featuring Touriga Nacional, Alfrocheiro, Tinto Cão, and Tinta Roriz, and the 1998 addition of the white varietal Encruzado, fermented in new French oak barrels, a testament to their commitment to excellence.

X

You have no items in your shopping cart.

 

NO HASSLE RETURNS

We never want our clients to be any less than 100% satisfied with any purchase from WineOnline.ca. Should you be unsatisfied for any reason, the remaining bottles can be exchanged or returned for store credit within 60 days of purchase. We will even come pick them up!

Message Us