In the sunny Salento area, since 1950 the Mocavero family has been producing wines of the highest quality that tell the territory, the taste, the research and the passion of the brothers Francesco and Marco who carry on the legacy of father Pietro and his ancestors. By convention, the birth of the Mocavero company dates back to 1950, when Pietro’s uncle, Tommaso, inherits the company. In reality, the roots sink far further in time, in the early 1900s, with the work and passion of Francesco and Marco’s great-grandparents. In the 1950s, the first winery was built in the historic center of Monteroni di Lecce, a few kilometres from Lecce. The wine was produced and sold in bulk and was very popular in the local Lecce market and in the surrounding area. In the nineties, Francesco and Marco collected the family tradition and gave life to the fourth generation of winemakers, bringing the company to success, as true 'warriors', as their surname would mean in Arabic, with enthusiasm and resourcefulness. By personally following the selection of the grapes, the vinification, the refinement and the bottling, Francesco and Marco contributed to the growth of the winery, to establish itself internationally as producers of the great wines of northern Italy.